Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 pound Large shrimp
- 2 pounds Manila or small littleneck clams in the shell
- 2 whole cooked Dungeness crab (cleaned and cracked)
- 1 whole Par cooked lobster steamed, cleaned and split.
- ½ pound live mussels (black or green)
- ¾ pounds large sea scallops
- 1 ½ pounds fresh Halibut Sea Bass or Snapper, Cubed. (Gio recommends Halibut Cheeks!)
- 4 cups stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups clam juice or fish stock
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ chopped yellow onion
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 celery stalks chopped.
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ½ Red Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- 5 bay Leaves
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1 cup red wine
- ½ teaspoon Tobasco Sauce (optional)
- Sauté' onion Peppers, and garlic in olive oil in large pot until soft. Add clam juice, tomatoes, red wine, celery, bay leaves, parsley, Oregano, and Tobasco. Simmer on medium heat 10 minutes. Add fresh ground pepper and salt to taste.
- Add cubed fish, shrimp and scallops simmer on low heat 10 minutes.
- Add clams, mussels, crab, and lobster. Simmer 10 minutes additional on low heat.