Sea Bass Cheeks
- 1 pound Chilean Sea Bass Cheeks
- 1/2 Oz. Red Miso Paste
- To Taste Walnut Halves & Pieces
- To Taste Fresh Garlic Clove
- 2 Oz. Pure Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. White Vinegar
- To Taste Kosher Salt
- To Taste Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Oz. Fresh Peeled Shallot
- 1 Oz. Fresh Baby Arugula
- 1/2 Oz. Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/4 Oz. Unsalted Solid Butter
- 3 Oz. Arborio Rice
- 1/4 Oz. Sauterne Cooking Wine
- 1 Oz. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Oz. Chicken Soup Base, No MSG
- To Taste Micro Arugula
- Dip cheeks into red miso pesto (shaking off excess pesto). Then, lay down on a hot saute pan over medium heat. Cook 2 minutes on each side and then place in pre-heated 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Make Red Miso Pesto by placing toasted pine and/or walnuts and garlic in a blender and blend slowly adding the olive oil, white vinegar and red miso paste. Process until pesto is thoroughly smooth.
- Create Arugula Sauce: In a saute pan, add olive oil and 1/2 of the shallots, diced. Cook until soft, then add minced garlic and cook until lightly golden. Then, add arugula and a pinch of salt and pepper and saute until wilted. Transfer to a food processor, add Mascarpone, Parmesan cheese and a splash of chicken broth. Run the food processor making sure the arugula is finely chopped and all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Make the Risotto: Bring the chicken broth to boil, then lower to a simmer. Chicken Broth Note: Recipe is based on 18 fluid oz. water to 1/5 oz. of chicken base (please add chicken base to your desired taste).
- Heat a thick sauce pot over medium heat, add butter and a touch of olive oil. Allow butter to melt then add the remaining diced shallots and cook until soft. Add rice, stir for a minute or until rice starts to toast. Then add a splash of wine. Once the wine evaporates, add enough hot chicken broth just to cover the rice, stirring often until broth is absorbed. Repeat the process as needed until the rice is cooked al dente and chicken broth is absorbed (about 20 minutes.)
- Fold risotto with the arugula sauce and allow risotto to absorb sauce until desired density is achieved (adding chicken broth or more grated Parmesan cheese if needed).
- To serve, add risotto in large pasta bowl and top with sea bass cheeks and finish with a touch of micro arugula.
- Recipe courtesy of Chef Ref/SYSCO